Learn, Share, Inspire, and Connect at the
2013 Academy Annual Meeting & Scientific Symposium
The 2013 Academy Annual Meeting offers a mix of clinical, scientific, and practice management techniques on the most current topics. Don’t miss the world’s best presenters as they share the latest evidence.
A Sneak Peek at This Year's Sessions...
Organized Sessions are developed by the Annual Meeting Clinical Content Committee based on current interests in the O&P profession and attendee feedback from previous Annual Meetings.
- Microprocessor-Controlled Ankles
- Provision of Lower Limb Sports Prostheses
- Outcomes Program
- Spine Bracing and Neuromuscular Scoliosis
- Treating Spinal Trauma Patients
- Treatment of Overweight Patients
- Stance Phase KAFOs
- Vacuum Suspension Systems
- Upper Limb Prosthetics Program
- Powered Exoskeletal Orthotics
- Post-Amputation Pain: Mechanisms, Diagnosis, and Treatment
- External Power in Lower Limb Prosthetics
- Orthotic Management of Lower Limb Trauma
- Results of the State of the Science Conference on Microprocessor-Controlled Prosthetic Knees
The Orthotic and Prosthetic Education and Research Foundation (OPERF) Showcase highlights research conducted with support from OPERF. Investigators, students, and residents will give an overview of their OPERF-sponsored research.
The Thranhardt Lectures are one of the most popular and anticipated events at the Academy Annual Meeting. Thranhardt Lecture finalists will present their research beginning at 8:00 am Thursday morning. The Thranhardt Lecture Honorarium was established by Hanger, Inc. in memory of Howard R. Thranhardt, CP. The Thranhardt Lectures highlight clinical findings, research, statistical analysis, and results.
Free Papers offer solutions to common problems, patient and practice management techniques, innovative uses of technology, or current research findings. Free Paper content is unbiased and, as much as possible, based on evidence.
Poster Presentations will be on display during the entire meeting. Authors will have the opportunity to showcase their posters at a Poster Presentation session.
The Academy will offer a full day of programming for pedorthists and others interested in learning more about pedorthics.
Societies will share insights on their specialty areas.
These sessions, designed to help you manage your practice, will offer information on current healthcare trends and practice development issues.
The Fabrication Sciences Society will offer a full day of technician programming.