Speaker Ready Room
If your abstract has been selected for presentation at the 35th Academy Annual Meeting & Scientific Symposium, congratulations! You're among a select number of individuals chosen to present at this year's Annual Meeting. We've added this section to the website to assist you in preparing for an exceptional O&P education experience.
Please check the schedule for your presentation date and time.
In preparing your presentation materials please keep in mind that product endorsements or "commercials" are not acceptable presentations. The intent of the program is to provide specific, relevant clinical and scientific information to participants.
Academy Annual Meeting Presenter Requirements
- Complete an Audio/Visual and Biographical Sketch Form and return it to the Academy Meetings Department by January 9, 2009. This information allows us to order the appropriate equipment for your presentation and provide appropriate introduction materials for your session moderator.
- All presentations for the 35th Academy Annual Meeting & Scientific Symposium must be on a memory key. Switching laptops at the podium will not be permitted. Those with video clips will be provided additional assistance in loading their presentations on the session computer.
Please consider the security of your presentation materials when participating in any education event. Laptop computers or any other audio/visual equipment should never be left unattended. Neither the hotel nor the Academy may be held responsible for the theft of equipment left unattended in an unsecured area. We stress this to ensure that you are aware of the potential problems and to avoid the aggravation of having your equipment stolen.
IMPORTANT CRITERIA FOR ALL PRESENTATIONS
Some Key expectations from all speakers are:
- Readiness: Please arrive in your presentation room at least 15 minutes prior to the session start to address any set-up needs.
- No Commercial Content: As stated on the Abstract submission form: "The content and/or presentation of the information will promote quality or improvements in orthotic or prosthetic care, and will not promote a specific proprietary business or commercial interest." This expectation will be closely monitored. Thank you in advance for preserving the professional integrity of the meeting by strictly adhering to this requirement.
- Timeliness: All presentations are expected to strictly adhere to their allotted time. For Free Paper presentations, this is a 12 minute time limit. It is critically important for each session to stay on time so that attendees are able to rely on the schedule as published. Your session moderator will assist you with a timer to ensure adherence to this expectation. Moderators are instructed to give presenters a four and then two minute warning. Speakers who insist on continuing past their time allocation will be interrupted, and the moderator will end the presentation and introduce the next speaker.
- Panel Discussion: After your presentation, you will be seated at a table near the podium to participate in a panel discussion that will immediately follow each sub-set of presentations. Please make note of this for your own scheduling. The moderators will conduct this session to further enhance the learning experience by entertaining questions from those in attendance.
Your professional contribution to this meeting is the reason for its success. Please know how very much your efforts are appreciated.